Skill Level: Beginner
Skills Learned: Sewing with different mediums, Straight Stitch, Applique
You can also use your sewing machine to sew designs on to card to create your own personalised card designs. It is super easy and lots of fun!
- A4 Card Stock
- Fabric Scraps
- Co-ordinating thread
- Fabric Pencil
- Cupcake template
- Fold the card stock in half to create a vertical greeting card shape.
- Unfold the card stock and lay flat out on your table.
- Cut out the cupcake template and place the top and bottom on your chosen fabric for each piece.
- Cut out the fabric for each piece.
- Carefully place the top of the cupcake where desired on the front of the card.
- Carefully sew around the outside of the top of the cupcake, sewing close to the edges of the fabric.
- Place the bottom of the cupcake underneath the top and sew it in place carefully, sewing close to the edge of the fabric.
- Draw up a number if desired onto a piece of scrap fabric and cut it out. Add to the card as a final touch by sewing it carefully on, ensuring you are close to the edge of the fabric.