Get ready for the warmer weather around the corner with your own personalized wrap dress.
- Cotton fabric
- Co-ordinating thread
- Butterick pattern B6554
- Cut out patterns and fabric requirements as per pattern Butterick B6554
TIP: patterns you do not require, fold along existing lines to save space for the future. This will keep your patterns as flat as possible.
- On bodice panels, pin darts in place and stitch down.
- Fold tie in half and stitch. Leaving one side open to turn through
- Clip end that is stitched. Turn tie the right way around and iron.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 for the other tie.
- Pin the bodice side and back side together. Stitch and overlock. Ensure that on the left side only, you leave a 3cm gap from waist to place tie through.
- Pin the ties in place according to pattern instructions. Stitch in place.
- Pin and stitch sleeves in place. Overlock seam allowance.
- Pin and stitch shoulder seams in place. Overlock seam allowance
- Stitch skirt together, referring to pattern instructions. Overlock seams.
- 10) Pin pockets in place according to your height, print pattern off from “Attaching In-Seam” pockets blog.
- Stitch and overlock all 4 pockets to side seams.
- Attach side seams of front and back. Stitch and overlock seams
- Attach skirt and bodice together.
- Overlock around neck, front seams and hem.
- Fold over 1-2 cm and stitch down.
- Overlock and stitch down sleeve hem.