These stars can be sewn in 10 minutes! A perfect way to introduce sewing to a small child, or to simply add some decorations around the house, tree or you could jazz up your gifts.
- 15cm x 30cm Fabric (per star)
- Coordinating thread
- String or Ribbon to hang (approx. 25cm length)
- Handful of stuffing
- Pinking Shears
- Fold the fabric in half, pin the template and cut. You can cut using your pinking shears now, or you can choose to pink them after they are sewn.
- Pin the two stars, wrong sides facing, together and place the string or ribbon in-between the two layers. Ensure if you are using directional fabric the fabric is the correct way up!
- Straight stitch a 1cm allowance around the star, backstitching over the string/ribbon for strength, and leaving the last arm unsewn of the star.
- Add the stuffing into the star, pushing it away from the opening so you can top stitch it closed.
- Topstitch the opening closed.
- Use your fingers to flatten the stuffing out so it is evenly spread.