Whip up a retro-inspired headband in under an hour to match your favourite outfit!
- A rectangle of cotton fabric measuring 80cm x 15cm
- Gauge wire 90cm
- Co-ordindating thread
- Iron-on Interfacing 80cm x 7.5cm
- Measure and cut cotton to 80cm x 15cm
- Cut interfacing 80cm x 7.5cm rectangle
- Iron interfacing to half to one side of the cotton rectangle.
- Fold rectangle in half lengthwise, right sides together. Round your corners and trim. I used a small dinner plate to create the curve.
- Sew around your shape, leaving a 5cm opening to turn out.
- Trim the excess fabric of the seam allowance and clip corners. Turn out.
- Create a loop on both ends of your gauge wire, using the pliers. Your finished wire piece should be the same size as your fabric piece.
- Insert the wire into your headband and close the opening with a slip-stitch.