This easy to sew fascinator will set you in the mood for Spring Racing. Add some pearls, feathers or other items to give your fascinator your own Spring Racing appeal. Why not try dressing them on a hat instead of a headband?
- Strip of fabric 70cm x 10cm
- Ribbons (approx. 1 m total)
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Piece of Felt
- Cardboard to match felt
- Template for Cardboard
- Cut out the shape of the felt and cardboard and glue together, making two incisions for a headband to thread through. Set aside to dry.
- Iron the strip of fabric in half lengthways, right side out.
- Sew a 1cm seam allowance down the raw edge of the fabric, gathering pleats as you go. The bigger the pleats the flatter the flower will be. (Be prepared, this can take some trial and error).
- Loosely roll from one end of the fabric strip to the other, securing each roll with some hot glue.
- Thread the headband onto the piece of felt and cardboard.
- Hot glue the flower onto the felt and let dry.
- Loop the ribbons into lengths and place accordingly.